Tuesday, March 27, 2007

First of all,, read this blog only if you are an MNNIT student...if you are not, you might find it a little dull and a waste of your precious time probably !!!

It has been a long time since I wrote my last blog. Three months to be exact..

So in this article I intend to bare my a soul a bit [something which I don't really enjoy doing],and share my views about my college with you.

a note of caution:You should only begin reading this one if you have ample time to kill,otherwise just go to a different URL.I don't like coercing people to read my blogs.

so here i begin --->

I study in Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology with approximately 2000 other morons like me,in a city which I believed has somehow managed to alienate itself from the rest of the world and where people perpetually bear a disgruntled look on their face. Well .. talking about my college it has managed to stay in the top 20 colleges all-over India [though I think we should have done better],even after being located in the useless city of Allahabad where you can't buy a small micro-controller leave alone finding a good industry.

I have personally always felt that had it been located in some other well to do city we would have done far better....{imagine an MNNIT without red-lipped,betel chewing local office staff,students having greater access to latest hardwares,and city with an open mindset towards girls..}.In such an environment the multi-talented minds of our college would have found it much more easier to develop..

More than the city itself what I find even more disheartening is the fact that many of us {that includes me too..} actually stop working altogether after reaching college..We have either of the two justifications to dish out. Either we say that they have already worked enough in life {long life!!!!} or we'll tell you we worked hardfor IIT but couldn't get there so its of no use,and we are getting a job anyway...so how does it matter!!!

Well my only suggestion to all of them is that if you have worked hard to get here why not give one more try,maybe you'll have better result this time..

"If God has given you a gift in any form,and you refuse to use it ,you commit sin against the Almighty Himself"

Yes we do have our set of problems,coping up with load shedding{though that has presumably been dealt with????},dearth of funds for student coordinators to organize annual fests !!, a fully functional government machinery in place {intentional sarcasm} ,college board's decision to open two new branches without even having setup the departmental buildings or even employing faculty.,and our Honorable HRD Minister's recent fling with the OBC reservation issue have all had a effect on general mindset of the students{i.e. morons }.

But it was something else which spurred me to write this blog. If I had really intended to deride my college I wouldn't have mentioned the students anywhere. What drove me towards writing this piece was the spirit that has kept this college alive {top 20 is no joke}a spirit which cannot be defined but which exists in all the students in one form or the other. A spirit which forces a senior to waste his holidays by teaching his juniors what he has learned in his stint, a spirit which makes people joke even in the student's-mess in the midst of the junkyard-smell,a spirit whose strands hold us together and keep this college alive..

If you want to understand what I am talking about close your eyes and think what all you'd miss if you were to leave this college tomorrow...!!

I do not intend to provide a solution or start a revolution by writing this,what I merely want is that we 'morons' should realise our true potential,and understand the fact that if authorities don't help us we help each other survive . Be a little more responsible towards ourself and I think we would have done our job.

In the end I would like to say that I may not be proud of my college but I am proud of being associated with these 2000 morons, these morons who on their day can inspire you with their abilities,who can reverse engineer almost any stuff, and who can cope with grand-nanny attitude of college authorities towards girls, and who love doing nothing... [;)]

PS:

1. Throughout the narrative I have not compared the students with IITians because there is no comparison between equals. And we have a different student culture in our college and it won't be justified to compare both.

2. Please feel free to post your comments here or scrap me on my orkut account. Your opinion would be appreciated.

7 Comments:

Blogger celebrationsoflife said...

Hey being an mnnitian I read it n I m sure I made good use of my time going through it.I quite agree with this piece and I feel motivated (though not very much) but thanks for beginning to inspire me.keep up the work!

5:43 AM  
Blogger ichigo said...

joshi...good effort man.kuch.. staff,hostel life,girls ke bare me bhi likh lena....fundoo...sahi rahega...:)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi read it during the cts...added a precious little drop of inspiration that time...though i dont quite agree with the things said bout my city which has been ironically hailed as the education centre of the east...ya i kno that the most hyped things r the most dissapointing but its a geographical impossibilty to place all the leading education centres at the metros or rather the places where u wud get a microprocessor readily...neways its the responsibily of the cllg and not the city to provide its student with what-so-ever is needed by them..i do agree with u on the city's mindset towards the fairer sex but what the hell thats the case in about 80% of cities in India..
i hav several other objections but then i think that if i hav so much to say against it y not write a blog myself...hmm so m myself waiting for the day.......

2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was richa srivastava btw..[:)]

2:36 AM  
Blogger ravi singla said...

i dun know but reading whole blog i felt i was addressed 2 me .. i'll not say gr88 job 4 this one cuz i m undergoing thru a mental dilemma ..surely u have written it in ur magnetic manner n describin freak u proved ur vanity free nature ...but all u hav written is shear truth what v see around .. what v shud b ashamed of what v shud be proud of .. i just stand by u ..i dun know whats this --ur rebel act..ur voice but i m wid u..whateva is ur motive!!
as far as dis city is concerned ..i just want to say ..yes there r duties of a city!!..ya a lot of gr88 people born here..religeous importance, education centre n bla bla bla...but if one is keepin his/her emotional attachments aside..answer d q: heartly 2 urself ..is dis place worth livin?? i left my home after 10th standard nd went kota 4 two years ...after that i came allahabad..in these 4 years i cried once just after comin here..just by seein this city!!!!! i dun know about 80%..i'v been to chandigarh, delhi, kota, lucknow ....all d cities havin better livin conditions, better crowd , better vrything..
college cant provide everything 2 u ....place owns college not the college do!!
n joshi work on people's suggestions...--mr. fundoo ..

12:42 PM  
Blogger ravi singla said...

i dun know but reading whole blog i felt it was addressed 2 me .. i'll not say gr88 job 4 this one cuz i m undergoing thru a mental dilemma ..surely u have written it in ur magnetic manner n ...but all u hav written is shear truth what v see around .. what v shud b ashamed of what v shud be proud of .. i just want 2 stand by u ..i dun know whats this ur rebel act..ur voice but i m wid u..whateva is ur motive!!
as far as dis city is concerned ..i just want to say ..yes there r duties of a city!!..ya a lot of gr88 people born here..religeous importance, education centre n bla bla bla...but if one is keepin his/her paternal attachments aside..answer d q: heartly 2 urself ..is dis place worth livin?? i left my home after 10th standard nd went kota 4 two years ...after that i came allahabad..in these 4 years i cried once just after comin here..just by seein this city!!!!! i dun know about 80%..i'v been to chandigarh, delhi, kota, lucknow ....all d cities havin better livin conditions, better crowd , better vrything..
college cant provide everything 2 u ....place owns college not the college do!!
n joshi work on people's suggestions...
vaise abt gals...see minority always treated better than majority n they behave differently ...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Govinda Keshavdas said...

nice post man..

little senti ,so, u got the girls attention :) .

liked the next piece on bond ..
short n funny .. really good .

check out this blog : friend frm school :

http://thevarunfactor.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home